Monday, June 27, 2016

Wedding Ideas


Wedding Ideas

I’m pretty practical about things, so when the hubby and I decided to get hitched we had a budget, and because it was the second marriage for both of us, plus we just bought a fixer upper, that budget was pretty low.  We wanted our guest to have a good time though and when all was said and done we had so many compliments on our efforts, everyone enjoyed themselves.  These are just a few ideas I’ll share with you.

We were married in a church in our home town and the rest was at the hotel in a neighboring town where everyone was staying. 

The bouquets were of live and dried roses with antique lace and buttons tucked in.  This cost a fraction of the normal price because the flower store could just hang and dry roses that were about to expire and I supplied the antique lace and buttons. I still have mine.


I was looking for center pieces and was discouraged by the price for something to just sit in the middle of a table and no one would remember its existence.  I ended up cleaning some terracotta pots that we inherited when we bought your house. We filled them with candy and the hotel supplied some hurricane lamps at no expense.   


Instead of having a traditional wedding cake, we opted for a verity of round cakes in our favorite flavors, German Chocolate, Black Forrest, Lemon Poppy Seed and Carrot Cake. Not one slice was left; the DJ took the last one home.  This cost much less because it was not considered a wedding cake and the store also delivered the cakes and supplied the pedestals as long as I promised to return them.

 

The only regret I have is the photographer choice I made.  I didn’t do my homework and chose someone who was going out of business. She showed up late, had an attitude the entire time, she also ended up holding my negatives ransom.  After purchasing my negatives I took them to a local photo shop and did receive some sound advice.  When looking for a photographer for any event, go to your local photo shop and ask for their advice.  They deal with so many different photographers some professional and some hobbyist but all in all you can get a good referral from them. The bonus was the disposable cameras we put on every table produced some fun filled pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment